Good morning friends!
I’ve been wanting to put together a list of my favorite “tools” for essential oils and non-toxic cleaning for a while now, so here we go! Whether you purchase a starter kit for essential oils or Thieves, there are a few things you’ll need to make the most out of your investment towards healthier living. To make it super simple for you, just about everything I’ve sourced comes from Amazon, so you can Prime it right to your doorstep!
1. Containers: It is best to use dark rollers + bottles made of glass or earthenware, rather than clear or plastic ones. The darker the storage conditions, the longer your oil will maintain its original chemistry and quality. If you are making rollers, always buy rollers with a steel or glass roller ball too, no plastic!
I’ve been using the Vivaplex brand for over a year now and I absolutely love them! No breaks, no leaks, and the misters + sprays don’t get stuck when you press down on them.
- Misters (smaller – for travel, linen sprays, outdoor sprays, etc.)
- Sprays: 8 oz. + 16 oz. (larger – for cleaning, air freshening, etc.)
- All of the above in a convenient bundle set!
- Eyedroppers (for serums)
- Soap dispensers: 2 pack + 4 pack
2. Carrier Oils: Vegetable oils used to dilute essential oils to ensure that essential oils applied topically are comfortable and do not cause skin irritation. Dilution with a carrier oil does not dilute the effect of the essential oil. Carrier oils also provide more efficient use of essentials oils (i.e. lubricating skin for massaging / rolling applications); helping essential oils go farther since carrier oils do not absorb as quickly as essential oils.
Check out the graphic below to see what carrier oil is best for your skin type.
The Viva Naturals line is 100% USDA Organic Certified and cold-pressed. I love how they’re packaged with pumps so you can easily pump the oil into your DIYs, mess free!
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Argan Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Castor Oil (for eyelash serums!)
- Rosehip Seed Oil (Kate Blanc Cosmetics)
4. Mop: I love cleaning my floors with this O-Cedar ProMist Max Microfiber Spray Mop because I can add my favorite Thieves cleaning solution and fill with water!
- Essential Oil Pocket Reference 8th Ed : A MUST order! Trust me, this book is so neat! Basically, it is an essential oils encyclopedia and has everything you need to know about how to use Young Living Essential Oils whether it’s single oils or blended oils. It also has a full A-Z ailments section. Want to know all about Frankincense, its benefits, and how best to use it? Look it up! What about Raven? Look it up! If you have “XYZ” ailment and want to know what essential oils or Young Living products you can use to support it, it’s all in there!)
- Gentle Babies : Great information on essential oils and pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and/or if you have infants or young children!
That is my round up, for now! As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out!