Over four years ago on our honeymoon trip to Hawaii, my husband and I became OBSESSED with acai bowls! My very first one was at the Moena Cafe on Oahu near Hanauma Bay. Actually, I do have a terribly blurry picture of it because I’m that person that photographs their food, but I’ll spare you and share this picture instead! 🙂
Acai bowls were not a “thing” on the mainland like they are today, so when we returned home, we had to get creative and learn how to make our own. As the old saying goes, “Where there’s a will, there’s a way!”
Our recipe has certainly evolved over the years, and in the process, I’ve really enjoyed trying different ingredients to perfect it. In the beginning, acai was literally impossible to find in local grocers. We were ordering Sambazon freeze-dried acai powder off Amazon, which they don’t even make anymore, and for good reason! Praise God, Trader Joe’s came out with the frozen acai packets!
Fast forward to present time, we now have two new additions to our acai bowl recipe, thanks to Young Living… Ningxia Red and Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Granola. I’m appropriately dubbing our new recipe: the Wolfberry Acai Bowl.
WOLFBERRY ACAI BOWL
Serving Size: 2
- 4 oz. Ningxia Red
- 2 Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Organic Acai Puree Packets
- 2 ripened bananas
- 2 cups organic frozen berries
- Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Granola
- Optional toppings: sliced fruits, drizzled Nutella, drizzled organic almond, peanut, or sunflower seed butter, organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- Blend Ningxia Red, acai puree packets, bananas, and frozen berries together until smooth.
- Serve in bowl and top with Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Granola, and any of the other optional toppings.
I really hope you love this recipe as much as we do! As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out!