Happy July, friends! On June 1st, I kicked off the Thieves 21 Day Cleaning Challenge. In all honesty, I have to say that I had a lot of fun doing it! I know it sounds absurd, unless you’re Monica Geller, to say that you actually enjoyed cleaning your house from top to bottom, but I did!
One, I love a good challenge! My house was definitely in major need of some deep “spring cleaning”. My windows, window tracks, and blinds were not cleaned in over a year! The railing, doorknobs, and light switches – probably ever, which is inexcusable because we touch them everyday! It had also been a while since I cleaned the inside of the refrigerator and freezer, vents, and toys. The challenge kicked my tush into high gear to get it all done, and as an added bonus, I felt like an rock star housewife and mom while doing it!
Two, it was totally manageable! I really thrive on structure, so having a calendar with a task to complete each day helped turn an enormous and overwhelming undertaking into a modest and achievable task. Granted, my daily exercise routine was put on hold this month because the time I normally spent exercising I spent cleaning, BUT I’m 100% OK with that! Sometimes, it is just as important to take care of our living spaces as it is our bodies. With Thieves plant based ingredients, I did both!
Three, I discovered that cleaning is much more pleasant when using a non-toxic, chemical free product made up of plant based ingredients. With Thieves, I did not experience any of the side effects I typically did when using harsh traditional cleaners like headaches, burning / itchy / red eyes, or tightness in my chest / lungs from toxic fumes.
Lastly, Thieves really works! The windows and mirrors cleaned with no streaks. Mostly every surface in my home was cleaned using ONE product: countertops, high chair, tabletops, microwave, stove top, floors and walls. With the help of the “soft scrub”, my husband, who was a skeptic of using Thieves on toilets and tubs, turned into a believer! My sinks genuinely shine like never before!
If you’re interested in seeing all of my before and after pictures, visit my Instagram page @lavenderandloveessentials and click the Challenge button on my highlights! 🙂
Thieves is liquid gold! How much did you have to use for the 21 Day Challenge?
There are 14.4 fl. oz. in a bottle of Thieves household cleaner, and 0.5 fl. oz. in each capful of cleaner.
In total, I used 8 CAPFULS (4 fl. oz.) and another 1/3 cup (approximately 2 1/2 fl. oz.) to make the “soft scrub”. Here’s the breakdown:
- Windows, window tracks, blinds: 2 capfuls to make FOUR 1 1/2 cup spray bottles, so 1/2 capful in each spray bottle. Two spray bottles were used for downstairs windows, and two for upstairs windows. All leftovers were used to clean the remainder of week 1 tasks.
- Inside of the refrigerator and freezer: 1 capful to make ONE 2 cup spray bottle.
- Hardwood floors: 2 capfuls to make ONE gallon bucket.
- Toys: 1 capful to make ONE gallon bucket.
- 1/3 cup to make “soft scrub” for bathroom and kitchen sinks, toilets, tub and shower.
- Remaining Week 2 tasks: 1 capful to make ONE 2 cup spray bottle (with leftover!)
- Remaining Week 3 tasks: 1 capful to make ONE 1 cup spray bottle (with leftover!)
To sum it all up, over the course of a month, I used about half the bottle of Thieves Household Cleaner to deep clean my entire house from top to bottom! In dollars, that equates to $11.25 (wholesale)!
If you’re not using Thieves already, think about how much you spend on cleaners for glass, multi-purpose, tabletops, high-chairs, floors, hardwood floors, granite, sinks, toilets, toys, stove tops, showers, tubs, etc. Heck, you might even spend a couple hundred a month on a cleaning service! If you’re like me and are a minimalist, or have little room for storage in your house, think about how much space you’ll save in your cabinets with just ONE cleaner, a couple spray bottles and a jar of soft scrub!
Since I’ve had such a positive experience with Thieves, I want to get it into all of your homes too! I’m offering 10% off up to $25 on the Premium Starter Kit with Thieves from Tues. July 3 – Fri. July 6! Normally, it costs $160, but I will credit you back $16 either via PayPal, Venmo or a Young Living Credit to your account. Your choice!
The Premium Starter Kit with Thieves includes:
• Thieves 15-ml essential oil
• Thieves AromaBright™ Toothpaste
• Thieves Fresh Essence Plus Mouthwash
• 2 Thieves Household Cleaners
• 2 Thieves Foaming Hand Soaps
• 2 Thieves Sprays
• 2 Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier
• Stress Away™ 5-ml essential oil
• AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment
• Thieves Household Cleaner 1-oz. sample
• 10 Sample Packets
• 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Business Cards
• 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Oil Bottles
• 2 NingXia Red® 2-oz. samples
• Product Guide and Product Price List
• Essential Oil Magazine
• Essential Edge
• Member Resources
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out!